Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What is a bookplate for?


My daughter in law gave bookplates as gifts this Christmas and reported back that most of the recipients loved them! They thanked her and told her how they had been looking for something to mark their pages in their books.

Err and ummm.

That made me realize, it is really time to add something to my packaging that explains to people who are getting bookplates what these nice little things are. So I've designed these litle labels (shown above) which I'll attach to the packaging, hoping people will read it and find it helpful!

And speaking of packaging, over Christmas, I was finally able to get rid of plastic packaging and now use recyclable paper, tied with twine. A bookplate is on the outside. It has a nice look to it. The sticker above will be added to the back, in hopes that people will have an "aha" moment!

For those who still are not certain (because that's a tiny little label and the print is pretty small), I've also got some explanations they can read on-line and pass on to friends.

What is a bookplate and why would I want one?

and

Affixing Bookplates

No comments:

Post a Comment